Thursday, November 8, 2007

Rollin' on the River

One of the many times I looked at this house one of the neighbors mentioned that he got tired of hearing "Proud Mary" played on the river boat. I haven't heard it once, and was thinking I might be deaf.

The Music City Queen, which is a much smaller boat than the General Jackson, went bythis afternoon playing very bad renditions of "Ring of Fire" and "King of the Road." I really had to be outside to hear and it wasn't annoying (yet). It was fun. Also, a little weird to have this in your backyard. Cooper didn't even bark.

Said nosy neighborhood didn't believe me that the Music City Queen went by, but then he remembered the CMAs were this week. Lots of celebs in town renting tour boats, I guess. It is funny how the town is clean up like a campus on parents weekend. A bunch of lights had been burned out on the signage of the movie theater across the river. They're all fixed up this week.

No comments: