Sunday, November 25, 2007

New Things That Are Not Mine

This morning we started out with a long walk through the Shelby Bottoms Greenway. First thing in we saw a beautiful owl sitting in a tree. We stood still for awhile and got to see it fly.

We took some detours on the "primitive trails," which are wooded and were supposed to take us around the construction for the new pedestrian bridge. Through a long series of events we ended up walking 4.3 miles, which was more than I intended and possibly a little too long for Natasha...while on the walk we met a dog that I think had been left chained up to a bridge. He had gotten out, but had markings from the chain around his neck. He followed us home and followed me for the day...he is very sweet and likes his belly rubbed. But he is not fixed and is not coming inside (except for the basement and/garage). He is the first photo of something new that is NOT mine. I am not keeping him, but am trying to find a no kill shelter (everyone here is closed on Sunday. Just like Paris.).



One of the things the stray and I did is go over to DG's to move a bed he and Meg are giving me for my gigantic bedroom. I'll post another picture once the bedroom is all decorated, but here's a glimpse.



In order to move the bed, buy 95 feet of chicken wire (see earlier post) and do other crazy errands, I needed to borrow a pick up truck from someone. So, when I needed to rent a car while my car is indisposed (see earlier post), I decided to rent one. Now I really fit in:

No comments: