Wednesday, October 31, 2007

First celebrity sighting

Tonight DG and Meg invited me to a party opening the new Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams furniture store. The dress code was "dress to be seen," which is in contrast to what I have been wearing whilest unpacking this week.

We drove to this party filled with beautiful people in Meg's convertible...this was the kind of event I thought I was giving up when I left Chicago and my ongoing supply of press passes. Of course, those parties didn't have models hanging around in the beds in the showroom. Nor did they have Nobel Prize winners. Yep. That's right. Al and Tipper were there. Sipping light-colored drinks (wouldn't want to spill red wine on the furniture).

Meg wanted to introduce me to a friend of hers who lives in the neighborhood. She did and he introduced me to his partner...who was Gary's college roommate. We had a long chat about restaurants, dogs, Jenn, Gary and Tom the Hot R.A.

I think I was more surprised to run into someone I knew than to see Al Gore on my first day out.

No comments: